2013 Miranda By-election Results
By-election held 19 October 2013
Electors Enrolled on 20 September 2013: 48,625
Number of Candidates: 6
The results are presented in 3 reports:
- First Preference Votes (PDF)[33 KB]
- Two Candidate Preferred Count (PDF)[33 KB]
- Distribution of Preferences (PDF)[46 KB]
(To refresh results pages, if using Internet Explorer, press CTRL+F5 keys simultaneously; if using Safari, press Apple+R or command+R)
Below is a short explanation of the content of each report:
First Preference Votes
Ballot papers are counted from 6.00pm on election night and up to the close of postal voting at 6.00pm on the Wednesday after election day.
This report will show the following figures updated progressively:
- Election night 1st preference figures for each polling place
- Election night 1st preference figures for some, not all, declaration vote categories
- Sunday 1st preference check count figures
- Monday to Wednesday final declaration vote 1st preference check count figures
Note: Absent votes are only applicable where 2 or more elections are held on the same day.
Two Candidate Preferred Count
A two candidate preferred count is conducted to give candidates, registered parties and the media an indication of the likely election outcome.
The two candidate preferred count is not the official distribution of preferences, which, if required takes place in the Returning Officer's office on the Thursday after election day.
Distribution of Preferences
The distribution of preferences, if required, is conducted to determine who is to be elected.
The distribution of preferences will take place at the Returning Officer’s office on the Thursday morning following Election day. Once completed by the Returning Officer, the distribution of preferences file will be updated.
Scrutineers appointed by each candidate are welcome to attend and observe in the polling place or the Returning Officer’s office.