Automatic Changes to your Enrolment Details

If you have moved, your enrolment address may be changed.

Using SmartRoll processes the NSWEC has become aware that you have changed address and that your enrolment address needs to be up-dated.

As a service to you we will now change your enrolment address unless you notify us otherwise.

How did the NSWEC know that I changed address?

The NSWEC is legislatively allowed to receive information from a number of State and Commonwealth government agencies that help identify electors whose enrolment address may be out of date. The list of agencies who provide such information includes:

  • Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) - our Joint Enrolment partner
  • Federal Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) - provided via the AEC so that a potentially eligible person's Australian citizenship can be confirmed
  • NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) - address changes provided by clients of the RMS who are also enrolled somewhere in NSW

If I have been SmartRolled, what do I need to do now?

You need do nothing if your details (including your address) on the enrolment notification letter are correct.

If any of the details in the notice are incorrect, please go to SmartRoll to correct any errors or telephone us on 1300 617 133.  Please use the SmartRoll reference number included in our initial communication with you.

You will need to vote at the next State election and any Local Government elections for the address shown on your enrolment letter. If you do not vote you may be fined.

If I change address again will the NSWEC automatically change my enrolment?

If you change address again and you advise the RMS of a change of address, the NSWEC will automatically change your enrolment address. You will receive a similar notice to advise you of your new enrolment details.

Where can I get more information about voting and my rights and responsibilities?

Please navigate around this website to clarify any issues you may have or you can call us on 1300 617 133

If I have been SmartRolled, am I enrolled for Federal elections as well?

Unfortunately no. This is due to some Federal/State legislative inconsistencies that both jurisdictions are attempting to rectify as quickly as possible.

To make sure that you can vote in Federal elections please visit the AEC's on-line enrolment website or complete the Electoral Enrolment form that accompanied your enrolment letter.

What do I have to do if I need to be in a Special Category type of  enrolment?

Some members of our community have special needs. Examples can include

  • Due to personal security issues there may be a need to be registered as a Silent voter.
  • Due to physical disability, there may be a need to register as a General Postal voter.
  • Due to extended overseas travel, there may be a need to register as an Overseas voter.
  • There are other enrolment circumstances that you might like to consider - they are generally accessible from the AEC's Special Category Electors website.

What about other electors at my address who have also changed address?

If other electors live at your enrolled address, and they too have changed addresses but they have not received notification that they have been SmartRolled, they should go to the AEC's on-line enrolment website to enrol for all three electoral jurisdictions at the same time i.e. Federal, State and Local.

Alternatively if access to the Internet is not possible, they should visit a Post Office and complete the Electoral Enrolment form.