Community Information Resources
The NSWEC (NSW Electoral Commission) is committed to producing easy to understand, relevant and accessible information about elections and voting for the people of NSW. We understand that the voting community is made up of many different people with different requirements and that information needs to be customised to suit them.
To that end we have developed a variety of information resources to help electors:
- understand the process of enrolling to vote;
- learn about the differences between the three levels of government in Australia and the systems of voting at federal, state and local government elections;
- get information about the various ways they can vote at an election (postal, pre-poll, iVote, polling places);
- ensure their votes are completed correctly; and
- understand the way votes are counted.
Information is available in the following formats:
The NSWEC works closely with the AEC (Australian Electoral Commission) to educate the community about elections and voting.
If you are interested in having us come and present an information session about elections and voting for your community organisation or group; or if you would like any more details about any of our information resources, please use our contact form or phone us.